If you're experiencing chronic headaches and migraines by involuntary night-time teeth clenching, let your Lorton dentist at Reflection Dental help you with a dental night guard. A dental night guard is a thin transparent device that is worn over the biting surface of your teeth while you sleep to prevent contact between the upper and lower teeth.
The Dental Night Guard Fitting Process
- Impressions are taken of your upper and lower teeth to confirm an accurate fit
- Using your impressions as a mold, the dental night guard is crafted out of strong, durable plastic
- When the dental night guard is finished, it is properly fitted to your mouth
- Simply wear the dental night guard while you sleep every night
Benefits of a Dental Night Guard
- prevents migraine pain
- prevents tension-type headache pain
- can help prevent jaw disorders by relieving pressure
- prevents teeth grinding and the development of TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
Don't live with painful migraines and headaches. Contact your Lorton dentist at (703) 372-2728 and learn how a dental night guard can help you.